Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oklahoma Wind

If there is one thing I do not miss at all about being at home it is the wind. So far in Limoges, there has been hardly any, and it has been great. Today, it was like I was back at home! It was SO windy and definitely colder than it has been the past couple of days. It was my day off and all the sales were calling my name!

After lunch I went with Kristen and Kelli into centre-ville. We went to Saint Martial which is a shopping mall where they have an H&M, which is my favorite store ever! They had a ton of things on sale and so many cute dresses and skirts for spring. For some reason, I was feeling guilty for shopping so I wasn't quite in the mood to do it. We went through all the mall where there are sports shops (like Academy), gift shops, tons of clothing stores, shoes, shoes, and shoes! I did find a cute sweater dress that was 39 euro that I got for 13 euro! I am proud of myself for that purchase.

I also was in dire need of contact solution. I didn't pack any with me because I just assumed it would be at all the stores here. No such luck! After checking the Carrefour and the Pharmacie, I asked Samy who told me you had to get it at an optometrist's office. Who knew?! He also said it was very expensive. Later at lunch I asked Jacques how expensive it was, and he said 50-70 euro. I was about to be wearing glasses the rest of the semester. I was furious and did not know why it would cost so much. I decided to try my luck because maybe a little bottle would be only 20 euro and I could suffice until my mom sent me some from home. Luckily, I got a big bottle of it for 11 euro and I knew it was going to be a good day! Yes it is still much more expensive than in the US, but it is better than the 50-70 I was prepared for. Then again, Jacques was probably lying. Oh well, once I got my solution I was pretty much jumping up and down and did not care where the day went! I was that happy!

We shopped for a few hours and then tried out a chocolatier. Kristen and I shared a very good praline covered in chocolate. We decided since we split it, it was only 250 calories each, to which we said, "We are in France, who cares?!" I made some soup for dinner and did another load of laundry. I am going to shower and then do my homework that I have so far for this week. Tomorrow is my long day of classes. I may wear my new dress just so I feel cute and maybe the day will be better!

Lovelovelove
Teryn

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE reading about your adventure, Teryn! You are going to be so happy you blogged about this. What a great keepsake! :)

    ReplyDelete