First, off, you may be wondering what I've been up to. Yes, I do still go to school! I have gotten lazy with my blog. To me, this is my life everyday, so it seems silly to write the same thing each day: classes, lunch, homework, friends, etc. I do realize though that one day I will probably forget this and I should keep my blog better in order to prevent that! I want to remember this trip forever!
|La vie est belle.|
My French is improving a lot and I am very proud of myself. Still, I know there is more that I should do to continue improving, but I am happy with how far I have come. I go to classes and there may be 5-10 words throughout the whole period that I don't understand. I am comfortable having conversations with people that I know, while strangers still intimidate me a bit. Here are some of my favorite *new* words that I am obsessed with:
- En fait: This is like saying "actually" or, more technical, "in fact". People use it all the time and once my indecisive self learned the meaning, you know I became addicted!
- Paraît: My professors said this all the time and I was getting so frustrated because I didn't know what it meant. After I found out, I LOVE it! It means "same" and I used to always say another phrase that means the "same" but didn't always make sense. Now, I have a usual phrase and I feel cool!
- Non...plus: When I want to say "neither" I use this expression. It sounds better than disagreeing with someone and saying "me, too!" and it is also the correct way to dislike something.
- arc en ciel: a rainbow! I don't use that word often, but I still learned it!
- La pendaison de crémaillère: It's a housewarming party! We learned the origins of the words and it is pretty cool. Kara and I will have one for our apartment next year, and you are all invited :)
- boîte de nuit: a nightclub. Enough said!
- Marcher: This is a verb with multiple meanings. One, to walk, to step. Two, (and I feel more common than to walk) is to work. "Le video marche" or "The video works" and things like that.
- Guillaume Grand & Coeur de Pirate: Two French music artists I LOVE!
Spring is in full swing here in Limoges. It is beautiful almost every day, and it makes sitting in class that much harder! It's pretty common here (so I've been told) to have a week or so of pretty weather and then a week or so of rain and clouds and ugliness. Exhibit A: Last weekend we had a picnic in a park at Limoges and then went bowling. We finished off the evening next to the river, playing "duck, duck, goose", talking, and having a blast!
|Me with Martina and Klara, the Czech girls!|
|Picnic in the Park. The white tent in the back is "Lire A Limoges". See below!|
|Lucas: he shaved off all his hair!|
|The whole group! Yes, the bowling alley looked just like the ones at home.|
|The girls dominated. Okay, maybe not, but we can dream!|
My time in Limoges, and France for that matter, is quickly coming to an end. I have about 6 weeks left. What am I going to do first when I get home? Well, eat Buffalo Wild Wings, TAN!, get some Sonic ice (or any ice for that matter!), eat Ted's Mexican, see my Nana, go see all my friends whom I've missed so much, and go to Wal-Mart. Even if I don't need anything, I'm going! I'm actually surprised to see how little I miss of the US. I thought I would be dying, honestly, without silly little things, but I really am just fine.
What will I miss from France? Good public transport, hearing French all the time, fresh baguettes, the best cafe au lait, and all the friends I have made. What will I not miss? Having my own kitchen, shower, bathroom, and NOT living at Camille Guerin. :) Oh, and I cannot forget the beautiful exchange rate that kills me every single time I spend money. Yay, I am so glad the dollar is worth .50 euros, if that! La vie est dure!
My family is coming to see me in 9 days. I am getting so excited to see them! If only they knew what all was in store for them! Heck, I don't even know what is, so I sure hope they know what's going on. I am just going to be the official translator and act like I know what is going on. Good plan? I think so, too.
I think I have written enough. My sister told me she doesn't read these anymore because I write too much and I don't want that to be the case for all 6 of my followers! I'm getting up there, you know? I promise to get better about updating about my life. Who knows, you might get two updates this week! Holllllllller!
|Lelani wanted me to play model.|
|Limoges Beneditions: Train Station on a splendid day.|